Therapeutic Mentoring services are designed to address one or more goals on a youth’s existing Outpatient Therapy treatment plan or on an existing Individual Care Plan. The Therapeutic Mentor works with these youth, ages 4-21 years old, for 1-2 years.The Therapeutic Mentor supports, coaches and trains the youth to develop the skills necessary for him/her to make use of community-based services and programs, such as Boys and Girls Clubs, YMCAs, afterschool programs, faith communities, job training as well as existing treatment providers, Care Planning Team meetings, and other team/service meetings and resources.Therapeutic Mentoring services include supporting, coaching, and training the youth in age-appropriate behaviors, interpersonal communication, functional skill building, problem solving, conflict resolution, and relating appropriately to other youth and adults while engaged in community-based services and programs.
- Good communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work with youth/families from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Knowledge of local resources and how to utilize in treatment.
- Caring, compassionate, and the desire to help others.
- Ability to work in community and home-based settings.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Reliable vehicle for work use, proof of vehicle insurance and clear driving record
- Ability to navigate the internet, keyboarding skills
- Ability to process paperwork in a timely manner
- Applicant must be at least 21 years old.
Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in a human service field and one (1) year experience working with children/adolescents/transition age youth, or high school diploma or GED and a minimum of two (2) years of experience working with children/adolescents/transition age youth.
Hourly based pay with step increases for meeting productivity requirements. Health, dental and 401k retirement savings plans are available to TM’s meeting hourly productivity requirements.
Email or Fax COVER LETTER, RESUME, and HOW YOU FOUND US:
Attn: Human Resources
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Fax: (413) 739-9972